Friday, January 18, 2008

It must be karma. I can't think of any other reason.

All good things must come an end one day - but i never regretted that one decision i made. that decision had led to so many beautiful events, wonderful experiences and constantly having a great company.

Just like having to leave UK and not knowing when i'll see my friends again. I remember how i couldn't stop crying when I came back to Singapore when I thought I had lost the card they had given me. When just one fine day, when i was looki ng through my SEP file to assist the next generation of exchange students, the card actually reappeared just as when I least expected it to. Gosh, the elation was indescribable. Why had I cried so hard? It was just in my kiapped in between the folder and waiting to be found. I hadn't lost it. It was with me all along. The card was a precious momento, reading it brings back so much memories of the joy and friendship we had forged. I am always filled with glee when I pick up the card - knowing that if we could still meet up and come together, the connection we share still exists. How wonderful!

For some things in life, it's such a phenomenon. Who would have thought the Tsunami would strike? Nobody told them. Who would have thought David would be stricken with cancer? He had a bright future ahead of him. Who would have thought that it could have been our game of UNO that has denied our deadline extension?

Nobody thought so. At least I wouldn't think so. Unlike the card, going through our momentos brings an unutterable pain. Cheers to all the happy moments though - wrapped up neatly in 2 lines of chinese.

Absolutely scant but that's all there is left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home