The month of July has constantly given me the strange, yet familiar feeling. Till I realise now why.
It was the time of National Competitions back in JC, the time of intense academic pressure and the youthful days were peppered with life lessons. I remember what this strange feeling of July came about. On the 24th July 2003, a friend had left this world, leaving many of us seemingly lost part of their souls along with you.
The song wo niu (by Jay Chou) randomly yet timely, played on my iTunes, a tune i have not heard for a good 3 - 4 years. It was this song that reminded me of you - to me, this song is synonymous to you. The 3 minute song that tells me the story about how you were so strong, how you used to love and how much personal attention we gave each other even though we were from different schools. I was anguished for a good 3 months, in disbelief that I would never bump into you again or call each other up again, or spending countless hours preparing for a humanitarian trip. You weren't like any other person I know. You would be a singer, a scholar, a traveller, a counsellor, a joker and probably the most cheerful and optimistic person ever.
I think of her now, and realise I have not thought about her these few years. I guess, life is indeed too short.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home