Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Square Root of 3 by Dave Feinberg

I'm sure that I will always be
A lonely number like root three

The three is all that's good and right,

Why must my three keep out of sight
Beneath the vicious square root sign,
I wish instead I were a nine
For nine could thwart this evil trick,

with just some quick arithmetic
I know I'll never see the sun, as 1.7321

Such is my reality, a sad irrationality
When hark! What is this I see,
Another square root of a three
As quietly co-waltzing by,
Together now we multiply
To form a number we prefer,

Rejoicing as an integer

We break free from our mortal bonds

With the wave of magic wands

Our square root signs become unglued
Your love for me has been renewed



"Job search" and "Graduation trip" are the hot topic among us now. I can't help but ask others and get asked by others. I thought it will always be a good conversation starter but maybe it irks people because they have to give the same answers and explain why or why not over and over again. So i won't ask and i shall hope not to be asked. Hmmm, so what kind of questions would not appear offensive? Suggestions? It takes 2 to make one a good conversationalist.

Today's a turning point for many of us 'cause its the end of exams in NUS. I packed my files and notes into a big box and pushed it to the corner of my room. As i packed i find post-it notes here and there like "Bitbit, I have printed lecture 6 for you". NOSTALGIC again! but oh, well. They are now stacked into the box and won't be seen again in the near future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home