I was teleported to the future, at least it felt like it. It was frightening to be in the OR - why? because i have been watching too much Grey's Anatomy!!! But it was kinda different. I WALKED into the OR, was asked to lie down, and i looked up and saw the big, intimidating monstrous lamps. Believe me man, although i knew that it's just a minor operation but i was still scared! I had to strip off my sleeves and had ECGs placed on my chest and a little clip on my finger to check my heartbeat and oxygen level respectively.
Just like in Grey's, I had to breath through the oxygen mask but I felt like I was going to suffocate in that mask. Anyways! The anesthetist told me she had injected the anesthesia into me and I had intended to countdown from 10 (from Grey's).
But I had no idea. I was sedated and the last thing i saw were the big operation lamps, and what felt like 3 seconds later, I was being shaken up by the nurses. wow. I was REALLY teleported to the future. I woke up in shock and in pain and I had no idea what happened so naturally, I started tearing out of fear. I was like a little baby and being pacified by the nurses... "don't cry darling... don't cry..." Jeez. It happened all too fast~
Oh well. Peek-tures!
Although it was supposed to be boring being in hospital, the first half of the day was quite interesting! When I woke up, saw a friend who came to visit his grandmother and coincidentally walked past my bed. Heh heh so we chatted a while. Later during lunch time, this lady called Alice from the Institute of Science came by and randomly chatted with patients and I was the lucky one! She's nice, and because I was bored, I had verbal diarrhea. =P Later, some students from dentistry came and did their UROP project and I was their subject of research. It was great coz they performed a low-level laser therapy on me, supposedly to reduce the pain on one of my cheeks. They stood around for about 15 minutes and left. Then my brother came in to visit. Not long after my mum came! and she stayed and we chatted and traded hospital experiences. So, quite eventful right?
So to those who haven't been visiting your dentist, go and check for wisdom tooth! Coz if you are not going to take it out, it's going to hurt the hell out of you. =p
Thanks to those who showed concern! I really appreciate it! Cheers!

<< Home